Tuesday 10 February 2015

We Are Infinite.

I don't feel I can update my blog this week without acknowledging the BAFTAs. Mainly because this year, one of the most incredible films of our time won Outstanding British Film in 2015: The Theory of Everything. If you haven't seen this film already, you must. It is a film for the soul, without which I feel my entire outlook on life at the moment could have been completely different. Stephen Hawking is true inspiration. To be diagnosed with such a debilitating disease at 21, and given just two years to live must have been harrowing. But now look at what he has achieved 52 years on. He is truly an incredible example of 'mind over matter'. 

Continuing on the positive note, I cannot thank the people at the Teenage Cancer Trust Ward enough for how amazing they are making my time in hospital. I know this sounds a very strange thing to say, but I truly cannot fault the care here. With a different menu every day, youth workers to keep you from being bored and a DVD collection to die for, I didn't think it could get any better. Then, I was told about the 'Look Good, Feel Better' evening. Basically volunteer make up artists come in to show you how to look after your skin and apply make up properly, so that when you start losing your hair (eyebrows included) you can look semi-human still! I thought this sounded amazing to begin with, and THEN I heard about the freebies! I mean look at them! From Coco Chanel, No. 7, Estee Lauder, Lacoste, Max Factor, Clinique, the list goes on! Cleanser, toner, make up remover, primer, concealer, foundation, powder, mascara, perfume, eyeliner, lip liner, lip gloss, lip sticks, brushes.... I'm set up for the next ten years on the make up front now! It's incredible! And all kindly donated by the companies for the charity!

What's in the bag!

Now, anyone who knows me well knows I don't really 'do' make up - so last night was a learning curve to say the least! But was it such good fun, and Lot was even able to join me for the girly evening and sleepover! Reminded me of the good nights out with everyone at uni, with Grace pimping up my make up :P all that was missing were our cocktails!!! 

I was feeling pretty ok post chemo yesterday anyway so spent some time up on the roof terrace in the glorious sunshine! Was so nice, but it wasn't until the girls did my make up did I realise how washed out I looked! So here's yesterday's before and after photos - not that I'm going to be able to recreate it I imagine but at least now I have the tools to try!

Before                                        After

So a massive thank you to the amazing volunteers for giving up their evening to teach us how to look after ourselves and definitely feel better about how we look! And thank you to the make up companies for their amazing gifts! Also, everyone who has ever donated to the Teenage Cancer Trust - this simply couldn't happen without you fantastic people.

A big thank you to everyone's fantastic fund raising efforts for Lot's skydive too! She's so close to her target now! A special thanks to my Dad's work too with their 'Dress Down Friday' and 'Bake Off!' - I look forward to seeing all the pictures of the cakes and intend to put some up here to show off too if I can! They sounded truly incredible, so thank you all so much for your kind efforts and donations!

I have a fairly uneventful day ahead of me today, thank goodness. My 'bad chemo day' seems to be Sundays so am making the most of catching up on Broadchurch and getting the ball rolling with lots of paperwork today! Oh the joy! :) Uni have been especially brilliant with everything, and they need an update too so lots of emails to sort out! Busy day ahead! Slightly gutting moment yesterday though when I got an email from the Vets4Pets Graduate Programme Scheme asking me to send them my CV...never mind! Maybe next year :) kind of nice knowing I don't have to think about all that for a bit to be honest!

Much love to you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment