Sunday 15 February 2015

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates...You Never Know What You're Gonna Get.

Firstly, I have some rather huge thank you's to say! Primarily, the biggest of thank you's to my extremely generous Uncle Nick who has been so amazingly kind and sent me a gorgeous MacBook Air. I'm feeling extremely humble and spoilt to say the least at the moment... I really cannot believe it all... Everyone has been so incredibly kind, it is so very overwhelming.

Also, a massive thank you to everyone at my Dad's office for their amazing fundraising efforts for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research! They raised a massive £555 from a 'Dress Down Friday' and an absolutely amazing 'Bake Off' cake sale!! You are all so very kind and generous - thank you all so so much! This has now taken Lottie's total well over her target of £2000 - it is absolutely incredible!

The last few days have been fairly uneventful in the world of the Royal Marsden to be honest. It was lovely and relaxing to spend Wednesday and Thursday with Phil catching up on Breaking Bad, which we are now very much addicted to!

Friday was a bit of a pants day in terms of having to have yet another cannula changed for my chemo. But once in, I was able to get my full doses of Duanorubicin and Vincrinstine, plus some nice packed red blood cells! This weekend has been pretty nice and relaxed too! Lottie stayed over last night and we had a good girly film evening of watching We're the Millers and The Princess and The Frog with pretty awesome ice cream sundaes, courtesy of Stacey - one of the best nurses on the ward might I add!

Mum and Dad have been up for the last few days too and we had a good game of Settlers of Catan yesterday (a very addictive board game, which I finally think the family understands how to play :P ), and a good game of Scrabble today! Not that they go easy on me! Despite my chemo brain and numbness in my fingers!! :P We're already planning our trip to Wagamamas when I'm out and allowed to eat out again too! It really is quite sad how much my life now revolves around food!! It is becoming quite an obsession! From cravings for onion ring crisps to strawberry laces - there is no logic!! My poor parents are struggling to keep up I think!

The hair's coming out in good chunks now too - just as I've got used to having it short! Typical! So this afternoon was spent with Lottie learning how to tie head scarves and looking at the awesome ones she's been so kind to order me! She is so lovely!! I'm so excited about getting them, I actually think they look rather awesome - will probably continue to wear them even after my hair comes back! Continuing on the note of side effects, the chemo is fun in as much as the Vincristine can cause peripheral neuropathies, among other things, but it does mean my fingertips are becoming less and less sensitive. This makes writing, using a knife and fork and typing generally quite interesting tasks to try to undertake now. It can also affect your hearing, so the last week or so was fun when it sounded like everything was underwater. Luckily this appears to have resolved today, but I just didn't realise how depressing it would feel while it lasted! The peripheral neuropathy should be a temporary thing, but it's still a bit of a concern what with the prospect of OSCEs next year potentially... Fingers crossed everything turns out alright though!

I'm certainly looking forward to this coming week though! Get to see lots of lovely visitors! :) If anyone wishes to come up too by the way, please do let me know :) Tuesday's looking busy at the moment, but other than that I'm sure something could be worked out!
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment