Friday 6 February 2015

Love is in the Hair.

So a few changes since Wednesday! Firstly, the new hair do courtesy of the lovely volunteer hairdresser, Amy!
Before - the plait was donated to the Little Princess Trust wig charity!
 
And after!

Since I am inevitably going to be losing the locks anyway, I figured why not! It's certainly lighter and more convenient for when I come to do surgery again! Just need to invest in some styling products now - this is all new to me so I do welcome any suggestions!

Yesterday also brought with it another bone marrow aspirate. This time I opted for sedation with Midazolam (why bother with unnecessary stress and pain I say), and my god is that stuff good! Didn't feel it, don't remember it - b-e-a-utiful! Can understand why we use it so much in vet med! Had my intrathecal/lumbar puncture chemo also, but due to me being a bit sleepy and having very small spaces in between my spine this took a little bit longer than the last time. Am a bit sore today from the multiple needle sticks but still cannot complain - the Midazolam was still on board anyhow! To try and reduce the affects of this chemo I was on fluids over night, and full fat coke - certainly can't say no when the doctor's telling you to drink it to help with side effects!
 
Today, I finally got my next lot of IV chemo (Duanorubicin and Vincristine). It has been somewhat of an endeavour since my veins are worse than poor! I am definitely getting a bad name for myself :P So after several new attempts at getting a decent cannula in, we went with the one that was kind of in anyway! Least the drugs got in eventually - that's the main thing!

So the weekend brings with it a bit of a rest from treatments, and probably blog updates. Thank you to Louise and Matty for their beautiful pictures I received today too! Lots of love to the Maunders, and the flowers are stunning - thank you! (Mum showed me pics especially). You're all too kind!
 
Much love to you all xxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment